04|09|2010

How does one begin writing the unthinkable?  I guess just one baby step at a time.

Today was a very difficult day.  Jay was wheeled into surgery at 5:42 p.m.  They quickly discovered that the cancer HAD NOT spread to his bladder.  The urologist found us early on and updated us with this most incredible news!!! ELATION!!!

The hours ticked away until finally at 9:50 p.m. Dr. Harzman (the surgeon) met with us following the surgery and painted the picture.  The tumor was much larger than originally expected.  It measured approximately 4 inches in diameter. Due to the placement and the size of the tumor the doctor opted to do a colostomy.  The thing that we found the most unsettling was that upon inspection the doctor found many small tumors in the lining of Jay's abdomen.  Apparently the tumors found in the lungs and the liver have a much higher success rate with chemo than a tumor that isn't located in an organ.

The doctor said that Jay will remain in the hospital probably 5-7 days depending upon how well he heals.  We then will meet with the oncologist (Dr. Saab) who will create a treatment plan to fight the tumors.

Needless to say this has caused a heart to ache and a soul to weep.  AND YET, in the midst of the pain comes peace.  A knowledge that my sweetheart and I are sealed for all time and eternity. My Jay boy is my Jay boy forever!  My gratitude overfloweth!

Now...off I go for an incredible adventure with my sweetheart!!

I love all beyond words!

Susan

1 comment:

Janet said...

Dear Susan,

My love and prayers are with both of you. Thank you for the love and care you both have shown Holly & Martin and the children...for for "being there" for me too. May God's richest blessings and miracles be with all of you as Jay begins to recover from the unthinkable. Never give up...and remember to take care of Susan because we love you:-) Holly's mom, Janet Jones