04|08|2010

I am sure many of you have already been made aware of Jay's updated medical information.  Some of you perhaps not...so I will try to lay out the facts through the blur of my tears.

Dr. Harzman called this morning to report on the CT scans Jay underwent yesterday.  Things don't look good.  The doctor reported that the CT scan showed that the cancer had spread to Jay's liver, lungs, and probably his bladder.  He will undergo the bowel surgery tomorrow due to the urgency of potential bowel blockage.  2-3 weeks following the surgery he will begin chemotherapy.  It sounds like at some point he will probably need to have his right lung removed and the right side of his liver.  His bladder is involved but we won't know to what extent until following his surgery.

Needless to say this is FAR more information than I can get my head and my heart around.  How profoundly grateful I am for your love and prayers in our behalf.  We have been encircled in your love and care!!!

Jay is always Jay (thanks the good lord!).  He is strong and solid always striving to lift those around him.  He has willingly and eagerly looked past his own pain to try to lift mine.  His eyes are upon his family and as always he is our ROCK!  He continually impresses me beyond words.  His desires are to be honorable and an instrument in the Lord's hands.  

God is in charge and is a loving, tender, long-suffering leader. He has showered us with blessings.  He holds us now and we feel his loving embrace.

Thank you for your prayers, emails and voice mails...they mean so much!

Susan

No comments: