04|23|2010

I'm in a nightmare...or is it a dream?
On Thursday, April 8, 2010 my life as I had known it --- changed. The big "C" word was introduced into our lives and throughout Jay boy's body. That first night was unlike any I had ever had before. The nightmares began when my head first hit the pillow and didn't stop until morning light. In my nightmare I saw again and again and again the doctor taking Jay away from me permanently. I was begging and pleading with the doctor to leave him with me but to no avail, he wouldn't listen. I knew I was having a nightmare so I began pushing and clawing my way to the surface of awake. If I could just wake up all would be well. When I finally emerged from my nightmare I had an intense flush of relief ... and then I realized in my awake moment ---this nightmare ---was my new reality.
On Friday, April 23, 2010 I knew I must be dreaming. It was as if it were a Norman Rockwell evening. If you didn't know better an onlooker would believe it was a staged movie. It was a carnival...a fund-raised...a life lifter....a life saver. The street had been blocked off to traffic so children and adults could amble from booth to booth. Each booth offering a magical delight whether it be hot dogs, homemade baked treats, ice cream, popcorn, a bounce house, a clown, an auction and lots and lots of dear, dear friends. Balloons floated in the gentle wind, smells of cooking food permeated the air, and the happiness of children with a little bit of freedom echoed in the breeze. Laughter, love, and joy was the rhythm of the evening. So much work by so many hands to lift our burden. So much money raised, so much love showered upon us, so much warmth given and received.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, one and all for the "evening of dreams". This is one I will linger in, reveal in, and sup from, for a very long time!


I love you all!!

2 comments:

ohiolanges said...

I just saw the pictures that Lacey took that night. Wonderful! She captured the mood of the night. So much love on our street! I hope as you look at the pictures, you remember the love. One of my favorites was of you hugging 3 10-year olds that you have taught all their life.

We are loving this blog. Love You!

benni said...

i was just reading this.and i feel saddened by this.You and brother williams both have been there for me so much.during this short time i have known you..i always call you my second parents..i know that God will see you through this.God knows why he puts us in situations we get in sometimes to test our faith,but i surely believe that everything will be okay and will come back to normal.in just a short while..
God bless you and i am praying for brother Williams and the family..

love you!