04|13|2010

WE ARE HOME FROM THE HOSPITAL!!! WE ARE HOME HOSPITAL!!! WE ARE HOME HOSPITAL!!!  Kiss our driveway, kiss our sidewalk, kiss our hardwood floor, kiss our carpet, kiss each other, kiss our family, kiss our ward family, kiss our friends!!!!  Great thanks to God!! WE ARE HOME!!! 
 
We pulled into the driveway yesterday evening...what a glorious evening it was. Such gratitude for the warmth of our home, the warmth of our street, the warmth of our far reaching family ties!
 
The doctors are astounded at Jay's incredible recovery from his surgery.  We had hoped that he might come home today however, the doctor's thought it would be more like Wednesday or Thursday.  Unbelievably he was released on Monday. 
 
There is transitioning that is taking place with the colostomy.  We are learning and soon it will become just part of everyday living.  It sounds like Chemo will begin in approximately 2 weeks from now.  The doctors feel like Jay's body should be healthy enough to begin.  BUT FOR NOW...we are soooooo glad TO BE HOME!!
 
All of my love and gratitude!!!
 
Susan

6 comments:

J & M Squared said...

You are one of the strongest women I know. Thanks for the updates we are praying around the clock for Jay and your family. Your family is such a great example to us.

Sherrri said...

Susan
You know that you and Jay are like the parents I always needed and that I want to be. I want you to know tht I know that miracles happen everyday to everday people. I have a little red head that is walking proof. She has defied doctors and now we just enjoy the ride. She has had doctors tell us that she has been the exception to everything they ever expected.. Why? because Heavenly Father had a plan for her and he has a plan for you too. We love you and sometimes I think that doesn't even cover hpw I feel.
Love
Sherri and the kids

Lori said...

Dear Jay and Susan--

So glad you are home! You are still in our thoughts nearly all the time. We are praying for you!

Love,

Richard and Lori

Richard Haskell said...

Susan and Jay -

I only yesterday heard of your challenges - please know that Leslie and I love you and Jay and even though a lot of miles separate up we will always consider you among our dearest friends.

Rick and Leslie Haskell

Holly said...

Amen to Sherri's words. I've got two of those death defying kids too. My dad survived a car accident when I was 3 years old that left him with a fractured spine and severed spinal cord at the c3,4 level. He should have been dead, especially back in the early 70's. He definitely shouldn't have been breathing, walking, talking two months later. The doctors were dumb struck. Severed spinal cords don't heal. The Lord does have a plan, whatever it is he will help you meet the challenges that see it to fruition. Of course you know, but saying it is like bearing testimony isn't it? Love you both. Big comment on Jay's post too, also meant for you!

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

I am so glad you are home, please let me know if you need more of anything. More kiddo drawings, more hugs, more warm and fuzzies.

Call me, I am there in 10 minutes.

Larissa